Johanna Konta, the Britain's first women's Wimbledon semi-finalist since 1978. - All Sport News

Headlines

Post Top Ad

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Johanna Konta, the Britain's first women's Wimbledon semi-finalist since 1978.

Sixth seed Konta, 26, fought back to win 6-7 (2-7) 7-6 (7-5) 6-4 and match Virginia Wade's feat of 39 years ago.

With Wade watching from the Royal Box, Konta served superbly to win in two hours and 38 minutes and set up a semi-final against American Venus Williams.

"I've always believed in my own ability and I've always dreamt big," she said.
"But I'm much more process orientated, so I don't give myself too much time to dream. I'm more focused on the work."

Konta is just two victories from matching Wade's 1977 triumph and will take on five-time champion Williams on Thursday for a place in the final.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages