Pogba joins Manchester United in world record deal - All Sport News

Headlines

Post Top Ad

Tuesday 9 August 2016

Pogba joins Manchester United in world record deal

 
Manchester United have announced the signing of Paul Pogba from Juventus for a reported world record fee of almost £90million.
The France international has agreed a five-year deal to move back to Old Trafford, with the option to extend a futher season, four years after leaving England for Turin.
"I am delighted to rejoin United. It has always been a club with a special place in my heart and I am really looking forward to working with Jose Mourinho," Pogba said on Tuesday.
"I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Juventus and have some fantastic memories of a great club with players that I count as friends. But I feel the time is right to go back to Old Trafford.
"I always enjoyed playing in front of the fans and can’t wait to make my contribution to the team. This is the right club for me to achieve everything I hope to in the game."
Pogba is Jose Mourinho's fourth signing as United manager, following the arrivals of Eric Bailly, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
Mourinho said: "Paul is one of the best players in the world and will be a key part of the United team I want to build here for the future.
"He is young and will continue to improve; he has the chance to be at the heart of this club for the next decade and beyond."
Pogba is expected to link up with his new team-mates after his extended holiday period, which was granted following France's run to the Euro 2016 final.
The 23-year-old, who has now eclipsed Real Madrid star Gareth Bale as the world's most expensive player, has claimed four Serie A titles and two Coppa Italias during a superb spell with Juve.
Madrid had been heavily linked with the midfielder themselves, though their interest is reported to have cooled some weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages