Rio: Siasia confirms Mikel, blasts Iwobi’s father - All Sport News

Headlines

Post Top Ad

Wednesday 6 July 2016

Rio: Siasia confirms Mikel, blasts Iwobi’s father

Rio: Siasia confirms Mikel, blasts Iwobi’s father Siasia

Embattled U-23 Eagles coach, Samson Siasia, has confirmed the availability of Chelsea’s midfielder, John Obi Mikel, for the Rio 2016 Olympics billed for next month in Brazil.

Siasia himself had raised fears over the availability of the Chelsea midfielder as one of the over-aged players for the Olympics in August but he has now confirmed Mikel will feature in Rio in August.
“Mikel has confirmed his availability,” Siasia disclosed. “We have some other players who have promised to join us and they have shown commitment like Wilfred Ndidi, who has assured us that he will join us in America.”

Watford striker, Odion Ighalo, Kelechi Iheanacho of Manchester City and Alex Iwobi from Arsenal have opted out of the tournament after their clubs blocked them as it is not on the FIFA calendar.
Meanwhile, coach Samson Siasia has blasted Arsenal star Alex Iwobi and his father for failing to keep the promises they made to him over the player’s participation at the Rio Olympics.
“Alex Iwobi is not coming. I tried to call his father, but he wasn’t picking my calls. He used to call me frequently when he wanted his son to play for the country, but now that we need his son for the Olympics football tournament, he is not picking my calls,” lamented Siasia.
“But there is no problem, Alex remains my boy, I love him like my own son, but I am just disappointed that he and his father couldn’t keep the promises they made to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages