Higuain reveals he was pushed out of Napoli - All Sport News

Headlines

Post Top Ad

Friday 29 July 2016

Higuain reveals he was pushed out of Napoli


 
Higuain

Gonzalo Higuain has said that he left Napoli because of the untenable relationship he found his self with their president Aurelio De Laurentiis.

The Argentinian spoke for the first time on Thursday since completing a €90m move to Juventus, and he said that his relationship with De Laurentiis was one of the main reasons why he even entertained the idea of leaving Naples.



At the same time, he thanked  the people of Naples and the fans who had idolised him during three years with the Azzurri.
“I’ve remained silent in recent days, but these have been three amazing years and I can only say thanks for all the love I was given, but this was a decision I took for my own reasons,” he said. “I can understand that they are angry with me and I’ve seen the insults, but it is something I had to do and I’m happy about it.


“(Napoli coach Maurizio)  Sarri made me grow and he has been a great coach for me, and if he’s angry about me leaving without saying goodbye to him, then I apologise – I can only thank him.
“It was my decision to leave, but it was (De Laurentiis) who pushed me into making it. I’d like to thank the fans and my teammates, but not De Laurentiis. I no longer had a relationship with him; I couldn’t stand another minute with him.”


He further added that, “This is an immense joy and it still hasn’t sunk in.”  “I hope to make the most of this opportunity and prove that it was worth it. You have to make decisions in life and this wasn’t an easy one, but I said yes to Juve because they are a club convinced they can win and reach any objective, including the Champions League.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages