Arsene Wenger open to offers when Arsenal contract ends - All Sport News

Headlines

Post Top Ad

Monday 4 July 2016

Arsene Wenger open to offers when Arsenal contract ends

Wenger

Arsene Wenger has refused to rule out taking the England manager's job, but not until after his contract with Arsenal finishes.

Wenger, who is approaching the end of his second decade in charge of the Gunners, has one more year on his current deal and intends to honour it.
The Frenchman is believed to be one of the early front-runners for the position that Roy Hodgson vacated following England's 2-1 round-of-16 defeat against Iceland at Euro 2016.
"I'm under contract until 2017," he told Bein Sports. "What I'll do afterwards, I don't know.
"But for the moment, I've always respected all of my contracts until the very end. I'll continue to do the same.
"I saw how Roy Hodgson looked after the elimination against Iceland... so for the moment I'm very happy where I am."
When asked if he would be interested in the job one day, he added: "It's a good challenge at the moment for any manager since the team have just had two disappointments.
"I'm not talking about myself here. I think it's an interesting challenge because it's a young team that has quality players all the same and they're coming off two disappointments at the World Cup in Brazil and the European Championships here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages