Another former world champion boxer wants to take on Conor McGregor - All Sport News

Headlines

Post Top Ad

Thursday 21 July 2016

Another former world champion boxer wants to take on Conor McGregor

 
Amir Khan has described the rumours of a fight between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor as “little more than a publicity stunt” and offered to fight the MMA man himself.

McGregor and Mayweather have both been feeding the hype over the last few months, hinting that a fight really could be on the cards over their social channels – but the conversation has gone cold recently.

Khan, for his part, has been trying to secure a fight with the now-retired Mayweather for the best part of five years.
The Bolton boxer brought up the pair in an interview with FloCombat, where he said it would be easy for him to switch sports and step into the Octagon against McGregor.


“[Mayweather versus McGregor] was little more than a publicity stunt … It just depends on the weight category. But look, as a fighter, that’s a fight I would take. McGregor is a massive name in MMA and I’m a big name in boxing, so globally I think it would be a massive fight,” Khan said.

“Even if I started to train MMA next year, I’d only be 30 years old. I could stop and train for a full year and become a good MMA fighter.
“It’s in our blood to fight. I’ve been fighting all my life, so for me I don’t think it’d be a problem for me to learn and switch over to the sport.”
McGregor previously tweeted his admiration of Khan after the Olympic silver medallist stepped up two weight classes to take on Saul Canelo Alvarez before getting brutally knocked out in the sixth round – something McGregor has experience of following his fight with Nate Diaz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages