Roberto Plans to Stay at Barcelona amid Manchester United and Chelsea transfer links - All Sport News

Headlines

Post Top Ad

Monday 21 August 2017

Roberto Plans to Stay at Barcelona amid Manchester United and Chelsea transfer links



Spain international Sergi Roberto intends to stay at Barcelona despite emerging as a target for Premier League rivals Manchester United and Chelsea.

Roberto played a prominent role for the La Liga giants last term but was said to be considering his future at Camp Nou following Paulinho’s arrival from Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande.

The 25-year-old has a £36million buy-out clause written into his current contract and Man United and Chelsea have been plotting moves to bring him to England.

However, Roberto insists he is ‘happy’ at Barcelona and wants to become an even more important player for manager Ernesto Valverde this season.
Speaking after the 2-0 La Liga win over Real Betis on Sunday, Roberto – who scored the second goal – said: ‘I’m happy, [against Real Madrid in the Super Cup] I was happy on a personal level and I felt comfortable today, too.



‘I played in my favoured midfield position. I started at the Bernabeu and the coach has given me confidence. I’ve scored today and I want to be important.
‘In pre-season I wasn’t starting, but now in the official matches I am playing more. I want to continue here and continue like this.’

Valverde has also reiterated his stance that Roberto remains an influential member of his dressing room, saying: ‘I am absolutely counting on him.

‘In some games he will be a major player and in some games no, but he remains an important player.’

Jose Mourinho has signed Romelu Lukaku, Nemanja Matic and Victor Lindelof this summer but remains open to bringing another star player to Old Trafford.
Chelsea, meanwhile, have been ordered by Antonio Conte to secure deals for three or four more players before the window closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages